Jarvis 1.0b2 is now available for download.
Because of some of the major bug fixes in this release, please remove any previously-installed versions of Jarvis using
Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel.
Now onto the major changes:
1. Jarvis now has a proper installer that allows users to choose where to install the application.
2. The installer adds a shortcut to your Startup menu. (Delete this if you don’t want Jarvis to start on login.)
3. The installer checks for the appropriate Windows prerequisites (.Net 3.5 & Windows XP service pack 3 or greater).
4. The first pass of the user interface is complete. The
Learners interfaces are complete and functional, and I’ve added new preference options for configuring the training hot key and manipulating the machine learners.
5. I’ve fixed a variety of bugs that cause crashes on startup.
This is still an incomplete release in that it talks to few applications to collect context information and still has no way to automate other applications in response to changes in users’ environment. These will be focuses for the next release cycle.
Thanks for giving the software a spin and let me know of any bugs or other issues.